Good timing too, because Kirk went back to work this week.Thank goodness my mom is still in town to help me with lil' dude, or I would be overwhelmed with baby-duty and c-section recovery.
Lots to be excited about this week, so let's get to it:
1) I'm up to walking between two and three miles per day! Still going about as slow as I did when I was 30someoddweekspregnant, but I'm getting back up there in distance. It feels so good to get out in the mornings and move my body - and EXTREMELY nice to have 45 mins to myself!
|Beyond excited to fit into my pre-pregs workout clothes again! Back to my obnoxiously awesome bright colors and patterns. Just call me Rainbow Bright over here... :)|
2) While on that subject, and perhaps because of my willingness to get back into my workout zone immediately after baby, I'm already back to my pre-pregnancy clothing size. Why hello, Lululemon and J Crew, I've missed you so! Walking and breastfeeding y'all, I'm serious. Does a body GOOD.
3) My wonderful sister-in-law sent us a good chunk of her son's clothes that he's outgrown. Not only does this mean I don't have to shop for Henry for quite some time (I think shopping is the DEVIL) but she happens to have fantastic taste, so Lil' H will be stylin'! I mean, these elephant pants! Ahhhh!
|Henry rocking his cousin Finn's former pants. He even struck a pose for this pic!|
4) Henry had his two week check-up with his pediatrician, and she was super impressed with how much weight he is gaining and how much he is eating! He even placed well into the "normal" zones for all his measurements, despite being three and a half weeks early (thus, a late-preterm baby). Our little boy is getting big and strong!
5) Kirk and I have decided on my "push (just kidding - major surgery!) present" that women get after having a baby. I have a love for green, and therefore have a love for emeralds. Henry was born two days after Kirk's birthday, which means my two boys are May babies... And wouldn't you know, the birthstone for May is an emerald! Therefore, I'm getting an emerald band to wear with my wedding set. Check out a close replica of what we're getting designed here! I can't wait to wear it.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Ours will be filled with more visitors and hopefully going to see some friends who just had their first baby, too. For those of you NOT living in baby-central, have a cocktail or three for me and cheers to the weekend!
And while you're busy cheers-ing, check out these lovely ladies' blogs: