From failed baby-flipping to creating new birth plans with new doctors at hew locations to early labor contractions to celebrating birthdays and Mother's Day, we're just worn out around here. I guess that's how babies work: right when you think you're all situated and have everything under control, they throw you for a loop and you're left scrambling making last minute plans to cover your bases.
Regardless, I'd still call it a great week! Here are some of my favorite moments:
1) By all accounts, it's looking like we're going to have a May baby! Not that I have anything against June, but we're pretty excited about the upgrade to a May due date.
2) I had a very special "first" Mother's Day thanks to my husband! The day followed a pretty disappointing failed medical procedure that resulted in EVERYTHING we had planned for baby boy changing. He went out of his way to make me feel special despite all the disappointment over the previous 24 hours, and I'm so thankful for him and all he did for me!
|Mother's Day at the Leitch's|
|Mother's Day brunch at the Leitch's|
3) I may be super-pregnant, but I'm still managing to get four to five workouts in a week, so I still (kinda) have my sanity! I am also extremely thankful for this ability to move and use my muscles.
4) The weather cooled down in Dallas this week, so I was able to actually sit outside and read, work on my tan, blog, and of course play ball with these two cuties!
|Baxter is nonstop ball but Otis prefers the shade|
5) We celebrated Kirk's birthday this week! We kept things low-key and super-healthy with cheeseburgers, fried pickles, waffle fries, beer, and two different kinds of cake. You know, just gettin' fit for the summer season!
I hope everyone has a beautiful weekend! If you enjoy reading my blog, check out these other lovely ladies I link up with every Friday, too - they're fantastic bloggers!