(Quick side note, for some reason I was unable to embed my link-up buttons at the end of this post because of my YouTube HTML coding... Whatevs, I'm still linking up with Meet At The Barre, The Lauren Elizabeth, and September F A R M)
So gals (and like, three guys), here are some of the Top 5 strange/quirky/bizarre things I find awesome about living in this strange/quirky/bizarre state of Tejas:
1) If you follow me on Twitter, you know I loved this zoning configuration. It just really doesn't get more convenient than this, folks! And so, so necessary.
|All baby/children's stores need a wine shop in the same parking lot. It's only humane.|
2) Remember driver's ed? You likely took it in high school at some point? Yeah, nobody took it here in Dallas. There are no driving rules except this: Yield to the largest vehicle. Don't pay attention to posted speed limits (go the speed of traffic, usually 85mph) don't think that people will stay in their lanes (they won't, especially if that's a truck next to you) and don't assume anyone is actually stopping for that red light. At first, this drove me nuts! But now... I like your crazy style, Dallas.
3) While I watch all my MN friends on Facebook post pics of them bundled up and leaves changing, dreading the coming winter, I enjoy this reality. Remember Monday's post where I was in riding boots and a cardigan? It was 86 degrees.
4) Simply put: TACO JOINT. How it produces the greatest tacos on earth without being a dive/shack, I'll never know.
5) We get to watch commercials like this. This man is serious. Amazing. Don't get me started on the insane political ads, either... Because they're just as great as this little gem: