|Forsyth Park, Savannah, GA|
Either way, I'm back in southern Georgia and it feels soooooo good! In light of that, here are my Top Five favorite things about Savannah:
1) The Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD), where I went to grad school, has done a wonderful job renovating all the old buildings in this historic city. There isn't a "campus" per se, but rather all the school's buildings are located throughout downtown.
2) There's ghost tours. Year round.
3) When I lived here, I had an apartment on the inter-coastal water way. My parents now have a boat, and I plan on being on that thing as much as possible. I LOVE living near water, and the shores of Savannah are some of the prettiest.
4) When driving on US 80 out towards the islands, you can pull off the road and purchase shrimp fresh off the shrimping boats. And it's pretty much the best shrimp you'll ever eat in your whole life.
5) How do you prepare said shrimp? In a big low country boil! Crab legs, crawdads, shrimp, sausage, corn and potatoes are all boiled with Old Bay seasoning and a few lemons, then dumped on a table. It's my favorite way to eat seafood!
Have any of you been to Savannah? If not, what the heck are you waiting for?! I laugh as I type that because when I lived there the tourists drove me NUTS! But seriously, you should go.
Happy Weekending, y'all!