Because while I DO want to be stronger, you can't blame a girl for wanting a little bit of a beach body for an actual beach trip, right? Don't judge.
Anyway, here are my Top 5 things I love about focusing on fitness:
1) New workout clothes. Hubs got me a few new things from Athleta for Christmas. Yes, those leggings and tank have sparkles in them. To quote hubs, "I knew you'd like them, because you love anything with sparkly s**t in it." #truth
|Athleta Christmas haul! I think I like grey? :)|
|Sparkle close - up|
2) Finding new workouts. To change your body, you have to keep it guessing with new workouts. I had been doing strictly yoga and barre, but switched it to HIIT/interval training/tabata style workouts. Holy cow, y'all. Look into them if you want your rump handed to you!
3) Seeing and hearing results. One of my favorite yogi's (I'll never completely switch out yoga for HIIT workouts) said, "Your arms are looking fabulous!" The same week I got on the scale to see my prebaby number. When you're dedicated and make time instead of excuses, you reap major rewards.
4) Feeling sore. Am I alone in this, or is feeling sore the next day an awesome feeling?!
5) Making new friends. At my club there's a group of us SAHM's who all go about the same time everyday, and we've gotten to know each other well. I really enjoy their company! Hanging with these lovely ladies transitions workouts from "I have to go to the gym" to "Yes! I GET to go to the gym!"
Did you set any physical fitness goals/non-resolutions for 2015? What are some of your favorite workouts?
Have a great weekend full of sweat and strength ;)
And HEY! Did the holidays leave you a little broke? I get it. Check out this giveaway I'm a part of for your chance to win $80 Paypal CASH! Super easy to enter, and who doesn't need some additional help paying down those Christmas bills?
a Rafflecopter giveaway