Have any of you ever been charged with the hideous task of cleaning up someone else's vomit?
That's a heck of an opening line for a Friday post, but that's exactly what I've been doing since Wednesday. Someone told me that I wouldn't mind it as much when it's my own child. I'm here to tell you that is absolutely false. It's as disgusting as ever.
It's worse than having to babysit your really drunk girlfriend back in your college days.
I know some of my fellow mama's can feel me on this post, and likely even a few of you childrenless folks too, especially those of you with pets! Don't worry, I'll spare you pics.
Top Five Moments of a Sick Baby
1) That moment when you hear the choke and SPLASH as it hits the car's back seat. I can't un-hear that sound. Thank God for leather seats.
2) Thinking you can catch it with the bib the baby is wearing to save your outfit and/or the sofa. You can't. It's like plugging up a fire hose, and the spray goes EVERYWHERE.
3) Thinking you can still squeeze in a barre class, pulling up to the gym, taking the baby out of the car seat and BAM. Kiddo pukes all over you. In front of other people. A five year old notices, and screams, "NASTY!"
4) Running out of Resolve, wet-vacc cleaner, Clorox wipes AND paper towels... Because the flow is real. And really freaking disgusting.
5) Right as you're about to burst into tears because it happened again, your baby looks at you with puke all over his face and bursts into hysterical laughter. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em right?!
I hope you all have a puke-less weekend! Linking up with Amanda and Karli, so go check them out.