I've said it before - I used to be really into makeup and did a full face everyday... Pre-Henry. Now? Aint nobody got time for that. Also? It's not necessary! I feel just as pretty now as I used to, my makeup routine went from 20 minutes to three minutes and I still catch men doing double takes as I walk by.
If you enjoy playing with makeup, great! If you're like me and don't have the time and/or simply no longer care about it, but want to look good, check out this list of the five items I use to keep myself feeling confident without being over-done:
|For the woman who doesn't wear makeup|
1) YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils' mascara. I was super skeptical when Influenser sent me a full sized sample to try, but I'm a convert! Yes, it's worth the cost. Especially if you're putting on such little makeup that you want your lashes to truly pop.
2) Clinique Line Smoothing Concealer. I like this formula, coverage and application wand. It's amazing what a little under eye coverage can do to brighten your face! A good concealer, that's the right shade for your complexion, is critical. (I have a winter and a summer shade since my olive skin changes color drastically, even with daily sunscreen.)
3) Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder. Nobody does summer heat like Texas, so a powder to absorb all the shine and sheen is necessary - almost year-round. I like this formula because it doesn't make me break out, and the compact can fit in a pocket of my purse. When I apply it at home I use a big powder brush and when I'm on the go, I use the enclosed sponge. Easy-peasy!
4) theBalm INSTAIN Blush. This is the best blush I've ever used, and I'm a bit of a blush snob. The color goes on evenly, the shades are flattering to a wide range of complexions, and the formula stays all day. Concealer brightens your face while blush brings some life to it! Daily blush usage is a game changer.
5) Mirenesse Glossy Kiss. As I aged (I'm 30, can I even say that?) I got more and more into lipsticks. I ran out of patience for my hair sticking to gloss when the smallest breeze would strike! Then after having children, I got more and more into lip stains, because nobody has time to reapply lipstick all day. This is a hybrid - it's a staining lipstick! The color stays, but there's also a sheen to it, and it doesn't dry out your lips. I think every stain says that, and most the time it's BS, but this is legit.
That's it! Those are the five items I wear daily. It takes less than three minutes to put on in the morning and is easy to touch up during the day. These are my go-to items for a no-fuss, low maintenance look for us girls who don't have time or simply don't care about makeup!
Linking up with Amanda, Karli and H54F. Happy weekend!
*These are NOT affiliate links, and I'm in no way being compensated for this post. They're the products I wear and genuinely love!