I've seen posts and have friends who's one-month old babies will go five to six hours without waking up to feed at night. Not our Henry! In fact, if he wasn't held all night long, he would scream and fuss uncontrollably. It was miserable, and I wanted to (not so secretly anymore) punch all these "my baby sleeps so well at night!" folks in the face and get my son examined to figure out just what in the heck his deal was. And then put a fork straight in my eyeball.
But alas! A corner has been turned (knock on wood). I can actually get up to two hours of sleep at a time, and just might actually get around five to six hours total at night. Booyah!
Here's to a "Not Horrifically Sleep Deprived High Five for Friday" countdown!
1) Henry's "deal" was dairy. Since I've omitted it from my diet, he's a different baby. I guess most newborns really struggle to digest dairy. Which is a dang shame, because cheese is pretty much my favorite food... But I'll forgo the cheese for sleep my friends, that is FO SHO.
2) We (by we I mean Henry and I) are working on a new workout regimen! I'll have a detailed post about it tomorrow, but we basically spend our mornings workin' on our fitness together at the lake. One morning this week all the sail boats were out for sailing camp. I loved sailing camp when I was younger, and it made me wonder if lil' H will also want to take sailing lessons some day...
|All the adorable little sailors on White Rock Lake|
3) I got a deep tissue massage at Hiatus Spa + Retreat this week... And it was AHHHHH-mazing! My sister got it for me back in October, right as I found out I was pregnant. I had to wait ten whole months to actually get it since they won't do deep tissue work on preggos, but it was so worth the wait! I love me a good, hard, painful rub-down.
4) If you follow me on Instagram, you know I ordered these pacifier clips from Tees By Three on Etsy and they are ADORABLE! I've spent way too many hours chasing paci's that are projected out of Henry's mouth and this was the answer to my prayers. She has over 40 fabrics to choose from (all of which are adorable) and they were shipped the day I ordered them! Best $15 I've spent in a long time.
5) After over four LONG months, our home's HVAC system issues are finally being addressed and repaired! We *just* might have adequate AC for the Texas summer ahead... Fingers are crossed!
I hope you all have a terrific weekend with your families and friends! Be sure to hop over and check out these lovely ladies' blogs, too! (Psshhhh, I know you're not really working on a Friday afternoon...)