I've seen this post or a variation of it running around the interwebs (yes Miranda Writes, I'm talking about you!), so I thought I'd get in on the action. I'll keep it short, since I know people going on and on about themselves is a bit much to take... Even if you DO like them.
20 Random Things About Me
1) I used to be fluent in French, and lived in Paris for a bit. That's when I learned I dislike Paris. Man, those people are a-holes.
2) I could eat tacos everyday. Every. Single. Day.
3) Doing laundry is the worst house task ever. Folding it is the devil! Why doesn't everyone put their clothes right side out before washing? I don't want that extra step when I'm already taking the time to fold. (Hint hint, husband.)
4) I've gotten my nails done every two-three weeks since 2009. Even when I was laid off, I budgeted for my nails!
5) I'm insanely frugal on somethings, and baller-status on others. I only buy clothes on sale and dollar-cost-average at the grocery store (yes I do that math in my head!), but have no problem dropping cash bills on designer handbags. Yeah, I don't get it either.
6) I think ice makes drinks taste funny.
7) I was engaged twice but only married once. #dodgedthatbullet
8) I work out five to six days a week regardless of what's going on in my life - having a baby, going on vacation, starting a new job, doesn't matter. I get my rump moving!
9) I really don't care for fruit. Actually, it's nasty. For example, when you peel an orange and it smells so good, then you take a bite and it tastes like garbage. Fruit is so deceiving like that!
10) I only drink coffee, beer/wine, milk (2%) and water. You couldn't pay me to drink soda, and I'd pay YOU to not drink diet coke. That stuff will give you cancer, and I'm over here on my high horse waiting for the FDA to ban it.
11) I'm the big baby of the family - the youngest of siblings and the youngest of about 15 cousins who are all around the same age. And yes, I want to get my way.
12) I love dogs. I hate cats. I despise birds.
13) I've had my son's name picked out since I was about 23. When we found out we were having a boy, I looked at my husband and said, "So, we're naming him Henry." To which he said, "Yup, I like it." #toldyouIdodgedthatbullet
14) I love hot weather. The hotter, the better.
15) Between 2008-2013, I moved seven times and nearly 5,000 miles.
16) I would never and have never date(d) a blond man. I don't find light hair attractive on guys. I'm sexist like that. #talldarkandhandsomeonly
17) I only wash my hair twice a week. Dry shampoo is my best friend.
18) I also had my dog's name picked out for three years before I got him. I even had the tags made, hanging around a stuffed Yorkie's neck. One day, I was looking through the classified ads in my local paper, saw Otis' face, jumped up and screamed, "THAT'S MY OTIS!" I got him the next day.
19) For the record, we also have our future child(rens) name(s) picked out.
20) The best moment of my life was when they pulled my son out of my belly and I immediately felt the weight of him off of me, and my back felt instantly better. Then he started to cry as he peed on everyone (seriously, it was a big pee, he nailed about five people). I listened to everyone laughing about it, and just soaked in the joy of NOT being pregnant anymore and my son's beautiful cries. It was wonderful.