What is NOT relieving is being back home with insane Dallas drivers! I mean, has anyone gone to driver's ed in this town? Anyone...? In light of my
You know, because I'm clearly not one of them ;)
Friday Top 5: Worst Kinds of Dallas Drivers
1) The Jacked-Up Truck driver: This dude doesn't care who is in front, behind, or to the side of him. He's bigger than you, he's faster than you, and he'll run you straight over. Odds are, there's a confederate flag in the back window... Or some hunting memorabilia (read: this dude has a shotgun with him.)
|In Dallas, you either drive this monstrosity or a German import. Makes sense. Source|
2) The Businessman In His BMW driver: He's on his phone. He's late. He's swerving. He's more important than you. He is BUSY. So, so very busy. Did I mention important? And wealthy? Who cares if he crashes his $90,000 ride, he'll buy a new one. Odds are, he's slightly intoxicated from that work-related happy hour, too.
|"I'm so important, get out of my way I need to make more moneyyyyyyyyy!" Source|
3) The Multitasking Mom driver: This woman has been driven to the brink of insanity by her children, so I almost give her a pass... Except she's texting while driving while yelling in the backseat while drinking coffee while driving with .5 of a hand. The only thing she ISN'T doing is staying in her lane. Put down that latte mama, I don't care to get side-swiped today!
|The woman who does all this while driving is a HAZZARD and she's regularly on the road in Dallas... Source|
4) The Semi-Truck driver: Here's the thing. We here in Dallas have European-ly narrow roads so that we can cram as many lanes on the road as possible. Even if you're a "good" semi-truck driver, the lane just isn't big enough for you. Alas, you can't drive in two lanes, so you just swerve from side to side of which additional lane you're going to take. Driving next to you is impossible, and driving behind you is frightening.
|What semis look like trying to squeeze into the narrow lanes on Dallas roads. Source|
5) The Luxury Vehicle Socialite driver: This girl is who the Multitasking Mom driver *used* to be in her glory days. She's applying lip gloss. She's tweeting about how she "just can't even" with traffic right now. She's taking an Instagram duck-face selfie, or worse yet, a pic of her Starbucks latte near the steering wheel juuuuuuust to get the Benz symbol in the shot, too. "PSL's are out now, y'all!" Odds are 97% that this basic chick will rear end you keeping up with her social media.
|Yes, it's "that" girl. She's the worst Dallas driver yet. Source|
I hope you enjoyed the Cliff Notes version of what it's like to drive in the great city of Dallas. As always, I'm linking up with my girl Amanda, Karli and Natasha for our fabulous Friday link up!
Now go enjoy your weekend.