1) Bloggers talk all the time about their goals, but I've never set any and mentioned them here - either personal or blog-wise. I decided to hit some milestones this September so I can continue to grow and learn new bloggy things! Here they are, so I'm held accountable for them:
- Reach 1k followers on Pinterest
- Optimize my AdSense account. Last month I made a whopping $3.89 with it - I KNOW it can do better, because my BlogHer and click-links do far, far better! (Any tips here are welcome)
- Get my Young Living essential oils distributor/order info added to the sidebar of my blog and publish my first informative post
3) I'm now 6 months pregnant and stuck sleeping on my side. I'm NOT a side sleeper. I am decidedly a back sleeper. So this transition is tough - with Henry, I would wake up with intense shoulder and ear cartilage pain. When we moved, we bought a fancy Tempurpedic mattress, and the sales guy threw in some pillows for us. This Tempurpedic pillow is saving my pregnant life! It's amazing. No earaches. No shoulder pain. Pregnancy pillows are for the birds y'all, get yourself a Tempurpedic pillow when you're pregnant!
|Amazing pregnancy Tempurpedic pillow|
4) Facebook algorithms have changed again, y'all! This is definitely not a "favorite" for me this week, but if I can prevent any of you from making the same mistake, it will be worth it. If you're a member of blogging groups, beware of how many links you "like" from one post. I was doing a reciprocation thread, and was on my third day of spreading it out to avoid "Facebook jail" (you know, when they strip your ability to "like" fan pages). I STILL got hit and got my privileges taken away for 30 days! Facebook thinks I'm a robot. Jerks. They've adjusted things so that if all your likes come from one URL (for example, a follow-all thread) it will take note no matter how much you spread it out. It happened to 10 other blogging friends this week too! So bloggers and promoters of other blogs/content, beware.
Makes it a real good time to focus on Pinterest instead though, doesn't it?! Are you following me yet? Let's be friends! I follow back :)
5) I've started my education courses on Young Living essential oils! I can't wait to share with y'all how to use them, blend them, wear them, diffuse them and clean with them for better health. I'll turn y'all into some crunchy hippies yet! Or, you'll sit there and laugh at me. Whatevs. If you give them a try I know you'll be a convert, too!
What's everyone up to this weekend? I hope there are fun things in store for you! We go on our babymoon to Cape Cod next weekend and I'm SO excited to get away with hubs for a bit (and leave the toddler, home and contractor management to our folks who are coming to stay with us. Thanks mom!)
Linking up with Amanda, Karli, April and H54F!