|Check out the unfinished (STILL) bathroom! No doorknobs, no fixtures, angry Paige|
I'm doing it Friday Favorites style, so here are 5 key takeaways from being in my 8th month of pregnancy:
1) Mood: Not too shabby considering I'm a huge rolly-polly! I seriously cause mini-earthquakes when I roll over in bed at night. So if/when you see in the news about all the bizarre earthquakes in Dallas, it's not due to the fracking - it's just Paige, rollin' over, trying to catch some zzzz's.
2) Craving: I might get punched for this... But I'm 8 months into my second pregnant have have yet to have any fun, bizarre cravings, with any baby for any reason. So I officially think it's a crock of crap pregnant women pull to eat their inner desires/weirdness. I have a few pregnancy apps where women post alllllllll kinds of stuff, and some post pics of their "cravings." Sorry Amanda4593*, your flamin' hot cheetos mixed with cheap dill pickles gross me the eff out. Why would you eat that?! Anyway... I had some pomegranate the other day that tasted pretty good! Does that count?
*Name changed out of safety concerns. Anyone who's nuts enough to eat that nasty mixture, and openly tell people about, is nuts enough to hunt me down for calling her out. No thanks!
3) Weight & Workouts: 32 + weeks and I'm up 15 pounds. I had an OB appt this week and I only packed on 2.7 from last month. My Dr told me to eat more. Maybe I should hang with Amanda4593 and eat some of her concoctions? JK! My tummy has run out of room, but I'm working on the mini-meals to get more calories in. I just really, really hate that overly-full feeling being this pregnant makes you. I also hate heartburn. So eating lots just isn't in the cards for me. Still hitting up yoga (not prenatal yoga - normal yoga. I don't understand why people waste money on prenatal yoga and that's coming from someone who promotes any and all things yoga!), barre classes and walking 4-5 times a week. Otto loves to move and shake and punch after I workout! I think it's his way of telling me he feels as revitalized as I do.
4) Maternity clothes: I'm pretty much set considering how pregnant I am, and not a big shopper anyway, but my sister was in town this week and we decided to spend an afternoon shopping with Henry... When I saw these on super sale at the Gap, I just had to. Looked too comfy NOT to. They were even cheaper at the register (only $19 including TX's ridic high sales tax! FYI, link isn't as "on sale" as I got them in-store and is not an affiliate link. Hilarious that they're full length on the model and capris on me, yeah? Not really. My struggle is REAL) You'll find me in them everyday from here until March.
5) Excited for: I'm pretty pumped to stop the Dallas-based-pregnancy-induced earthquakes and sleep on my back again! I'm so not a side sleeper. Although I have to say, having a Tempurpedic mattress is AMAZING. And their side sleeper pillow? I have no ear cartilage pain (if you've never been pregnant that likely makes zero sense to you, but if you have, you're already on your way to get one of these pillows!) and the two together means I'm still sleeping really well. I'm excited for new baby snuggles, and awkward newborn baby hands! (They're so big compared to the baby, and babies never know what to do with them... It's adorable.)
That's about it guys! Only one more of these posts until Otto gets here. Wow! What will I regale you with when I no longer have fun pregnancy facts to share?! I'll think of something. Until then, sit tight for one more month of bumpdates, mmmmk?