I was going to hold on to this post until Monday, but do you know what I'm not good at? Keeping secrets. Do you know what we found out yesterday? The gender of baby 2.
Drumroll please! (I'm pretending like you're reading my intro as opposed to what you're actually doing, which is skipping to the good stuff.)
Yay for my studmuffin! Word cannot express how excited I am for another boy. Y'all, I was MEANT to be a #boymom! Everyone (literally, everyone) thought this baby was going to be a girl and assumed I wanted a girl. I did not. Gimme all the trucks and dirt and sports and sweet baby boy-mama kisses; you can keep your bows and cute clothes and crazy-estrogen-ridden-teenage girls, please and thank you. I was #teamblue, through and through. I can't wait to hold baby Otto this December!
And since this is a Friday post AND 5th month bumpdate, here's the lowdown Friday-style:
1) Mood: I have been so irritable! I'm blaming the heat (haven't seen anything less than triple digits since... I don't even know when, last winter?) This week H and I were driving home from his physical therapy appointment way out in the burbs, and it was like every d-bag driver in Dallas was out. Then on our way back home, we were stuck on the Tollway for nearly two hours (just sitting with no way to get off the freeway) because one of said d-bags wrecked. I nearly peed my pants. Henry then refused to nap. It was a douzie of a day.
2) Craving: Oddly, nothing, but my AVERSIONS have come back full force. No chicken, turkey, seafood, pork or anything besides veggies and an occasional small amount of beef. Hubs ordered a grilled chicken salad at a fancy Uptown restaurant we went to for lunch last weekend, and my mouth and eyes started to water like I was going to lose it right there in the restaurant. I kinda wanted it to happen because it would have been fun to gross out all the uppity, persnickety, obnoxious Dallas 20something socialites day drinking there. Ha! Man, I'm getting old...
3) Missing: Not much! I don't have the desire to do extreme workouts like I did with Henry. I'm quite satisfied power walking and yoga-ing. After the day I described above, I really wanted an entire bottle of wine. But mostly, I'm just chillin' (HAHAHAHA JK JK I'M SWEATING) in the "glory days" of the second trimester.
4) Weight: I'm exactly halfway through this pregnancy and I'm up 5.5lbs. I should be able to keep the obnoxious baby weight to around 25ish pounds, right where I want it. #goals
5) Excited for: FINALLY starting to make some purchases for the second baby and getting these nursery plans off the ground. I'll need some winter clothes for 0-3 months and a second crib... That's it. SO EASY! We ordered Henry's nursery stuff so late, it didn't come until he was about nine weeks old. Granted, he came a month early, so part of that was on him. But now that we know the gender, I feel like I can full-out nest up in this house! I'm also really excited to decorate for fall, but that's unrelated to this baby... Unless I come up with a great costume for myself this year involving a massive belly.
Have a great weekend y'all! Per usual, linking up with Amanda, Karli, Liz and H54F!