I was searching for Henry's first birthday invitations on minted.com when I noticed the site also has artwork. Well, we just bought a new home and happen to be in the market for artwork... But I didn't want any of that mass-produced cheesy and cheap junk typically found on online "art" stores.
I was pleasantly surprised! It hosts real, independent artists doing real photography and prints of watercolor, oil and acrylic paintings. Better yet, you can select what size you want the piece to be, so if you find something you love, you're not limited to the listed dimensions. Better yet again, you can buy it framed or unframed. Better yet times three, you can pick the frame. The website software allows you to "try it on" over your chosen artwork so you can see what it will look like before buying.
And the best yet? The prices are reasonable. Here are my Top Five picks off the site:
1) I saw this guy and y'all already know it's a hit for my Texas themed dining room!
2) This piece is cheery and bright and would be perfect for a kitchen or breakfast nook:
3) Perhaps because I hail from the upper Midwest, this number caught my eye. It looks just like rural Minnesota!
4) If we ever have a little girl, better believe this will grace her nursery walls (PS, mamas - there is a TON of great nursery/kiddo room options! It was hard to choose just one)
5) What I like about this one is that it's unexpected and versitle. You could add it to a collection of family photos to add some dimension and variety on the wall, or mix n' match it with other contemporary prints and photos.
Want to purchase one of these photos? Simply click it to take you directly to the seller's site!
Have you ever bought art online? I've purchased many thing via Etsy, but never any wall art. I love that Minted.com is giving independent artists a marketplace to sell and share their work!
Per usual, I'm linking up with Amanda, Karli, Friday Five ladies, and H54F! Happy weekend blog reading to all :)
*I was compensated for this post. However, all reviews are my own and I hand selected each piece of art to share with you.